These are the photos that routinely capture major events in the world, bringing them big and bold before our eyes and enlightening us to the triumphs and tragedies of the human saga. Captured by talented photographers around the globe, each unique image speaks to our hearts and motivates us to take a larger view of the world.
The images we have here completely change that, putting a fully irreverent spin on the images by giving them captions sure to amuse and even slightly offend. With their clever crops and colorful typographic captions, they subvert the original meaning of each image, transforming them into something sarcastically cynical… but because we know what these images really are they still retain part of their underlying meaning. (via Design You Trust)
1. The average brain weighs around 3lbs.
2. Our skin weighs roughly twice as much as our brain.
3. The brain is the fattiest organ we have (It is made up of 60% fat).
4. We can’t feel pain in our brain as there are no pain receptors.
5. When we’re awake, our brain generates enough energy to power a light bulb.
6. High levels of stress can alter our brain functioning and structure.
7. Every time we have a new thought we’re creating a new pathway in the brain.
8. Scent has the strongest emotional connection of any trigger in the brain.
9. The average person is believed to have around 70,000 thoughts a day.
10. The brains of people known as supertasters are more sensitive to taste in foods and drinks.
Brune et etiolee
Leonardo da Vinci’s 500-year-old illustrations of human anatomy are uncannily accurate with just one major exception: the female reproductive system. Read More
Le champ des possibles
Le thème. Calin. Source. De problème. Perspicacité
Détritus. Corée and copassible d une lourde amende